Vegan & Gluten-Free Wellington
Vegan & Gluten-Free Wellington, perfect as a meat fee alternative for Sunday dinner. This Vegetable Wellington is loaded with lentils, mushrooms and more! A pastry crust wrapped around the perfect savoury and satisfying filling. Perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike!
Vegan & Gluten-Free WellingtonSamantha Garstin
- Large flat baking tray
- Greece proof paper
- 1 Pack Mrs Crimbles pastry mix Or pastry mix of choice
- 2 Sticks Celery Finely diced
- 2 Medium Spring Onions Finally chopped
- 8 Medium Chestnut Mushrooms Finely diced
- 3 Medium Carrots Finely diced
- 1 Block Cauldron Tofu Crumbled
- 1 Cup Lentils Cooked
- 2 Chia Egg See notes
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- 1/2 tsp Thymn
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Granuals
- Pre heat oven to 180 C
- Put the lentils on to cook, use packet instructions. Any but red lentils will work. Even a packet mix with rice or another grain would be suitable.
- Chop all the veggies. I actually cheated and popped it all in the Tefal mini chopper I have. Make sure if you do use a food processor or the like that you don't over do it. Aim for a fine dice.
- Fry the celery, spring onion and herbs. You can use any onion but this is more FODMAP friendly. Fry until they soften.
- Add the rest of the vegtables.
- Crumble in the Tofu. Add a touch of liquid at this point if it begins to stick.
- When all the veg has softened, add in the lentils.
- Turn the heat off and allow the mix to cool.
- Make the pastry using the packet instructions.
- Add the chia egg.
- When the pasty is ready, roll out. Ccut a piece of baking paper the lenght of your baking tray.
- Roll the pastry out on top of the paper to the length of your baking tray and approx 12 inches wide.
- Add the filling to one half of the pastry running length ways.
- Carfully using the backing paper, fold the other half of the pastry over.
- Seal the pasty with water or a dairy free milk of choice.
- Glaze the top with a little more dairy free milk. I like to season the top with salt and peper too.
- Bake for 30 - 40 mins or until golden.
- Seve with Rosties and Sunday roast trimmings.